• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

failure in opening Lightroom classic catalog

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to locate my catalog named Ircat-data folder on my MacBook Pro as I've looked several places and I'm not finding it.  I do not see a pictures folder. I've never had an issue before opening it and the last few times I've used lightroom.  It would not backup my files. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalogs have the file-type of .LRCAT  (Not .LRCAT-DATA)

Search for ???.LRCAT files to open.

Backups will compress the Catalog in a .ZIP file dated with the time of backup. They need to be extracted from the ZIP to allow opening when restoring from a backup catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow @Rob_Cullen's advice.

Also, your MacBook most certainly has a Pictures folder unless you deleted for some reason. Most likely you will find a Lightroom folder with the catalog in the Pictures folder. If you google, how to find the Pictures folder on Mac, you will find lots of tutorials.

Try this, Double click on Mac HD > Users > your user name > Pictures folder should be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines