• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter for non-synced images

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to filter for images in a folder that have not been syned to the cloud?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Click on the All Synced Photographs special collection.

2. Ctrl+A to select all of the images in that special collection. All synced images in the catalog are now selected.

3. With all those images still selected, now click on the All Photographs collection. The grid now contains a mix of selected images (which are synced) and unselected images (which are not synced)

4. Now go to the Edit menu and select "Invert Selection", so now all the selected images are the unsynced images.

5. Now click on the folder that you are investigating in the Folders Panel.

6. You will see that mix of selected (unsynced) images and unselected (synced) images.

7. Now either add the selected images to the Quick Collection (by pressing B on the keyboard) or add some other indicator so that you can more easily review those unsynced images when they are eventually deselected, e.g. by adding a flag, a rating, a keyword, a colour label., etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim for quick reply.

Good solution, but would have been nice to have an option some how in the filter bar when this has to be done repetitively when looking for non-synched files that can be deleted by folder. I'll play around with it and see if I can make it work efficeiently for me.

Thx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's definitely a kludgy workaround, a dedicated filter would be so much better. I expect that there's already a feature request for this in the Ideas section, you might have a search for it and add your vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was thinking I'd go looking and add it if I don't find it.

I tried your solution and it works in principle, but in practice (looking through 144,000 files in 100's of folders) the selection seems to get lost as I then further filter for a particular, or group, of folders. But it might just be me not having throught the filtering all the way through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have one of the colour labels that you don't regularly use, you could apply that after step 4 above. Then whatever folder you look at you'll have an "at-a-glance" view of all the images in that folder which aren't currently synced, so then it wouldn't matter if you lose the active selection.

But it's still a manual process, so without a dedicated filter you'd have to keep manually updating the status (removing the label when you sync an image, adding it to new unsynced images). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I forgot to mention that I don't have a label that I could apply to those selections. I (mis)use the labels too much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines