• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Error when trying to email from Lightroom Classic 10.0

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just upgraded to lightroom classic 10 from 9.4  and can not email photos I get an error

"Internal error has occurred :?:0: attempt index field "font" (a nil value)

i disabled all plugins and got the same error

checked email account manager and my email is validated 

anyone else having that problem? 

{Moderator note: Thread retitled LRD-4205431}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Hi All,

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and working towards a fix for the same.
In the meantime, you can revert to a previous version which is version 9.4 through the Creative Cloud app: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 10.1 which includes the fix for this issue.

Here's the list of fixed issue in this release: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and is looking for a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plug-ins do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled all plug-ins but continue to receive an error message when trying to send emails from within lightroom classic 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was very frustrating for me. I gave it my best shot to try to resolve the problem, no luck.   I uninstalled Lightroom v10 and reverted back to Lightroom v9.4.  Problem solved!  I will wait a few weeks for Lightroom v10.1 to re-install the update.  Lightroom V9.4 worked great for me so there really was no reasoon for the update at this time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't work on my MacOS either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and working towards a fix for the same.
In the meantime, you can revert to a previous version which is version 9.4 through the Creative Cloud app: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be a Windows issue as it works on Lr10 and Macos 10.15.7

The bug still exists and has for a LONG time where you can't email a photo by Right-clicking on the main photo in Library Loupe view.  The "Email Photo" popup menu item is there but it is grayed out.   It should be an easy JDI fix

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 3.45.53 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom classic on macbook Pro OS 10.15.7. worked fine before update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Riiiggghhht.  I'm going to revert back and run the risk and hassle of going back to an older catalog and HOPE everything works out and I don't lose all ability to run EITHER version.  No thanks.  I learned a long time ago never to try and revert back once a catalog change update was ran, and much work was done since.  That's an open invitation for disaster.

Same issue here on Mac and since upgraded LR to 10.0.  I use a preset on email to change size and other aspects.  I suspect the problem lies somewhere in the new LR does not like an older export preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the 10.0 release of Lightroom Classic, I can't email photos.  I get the error message UNABLE TO EXPORT AN INTERNAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED: ?;0:0: ATTEMPT TO INDEX FIELD 'FONT' (A NIL VALUE)  The same error message occurs on two different computers.  Any fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of the bug: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/m-error-when-trying-to-email-from-lightroom-classic... 

At this point, your only option is to wait for the next release (in about 7 weeks) or roll back to 9.4, as described in that post.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This is very distressing, especially as the update has removed the old catalog.  Seven weeks is a long time to be unable to email.)  

I am wondering if this is related (or if next update might finally fix) a long-standing problem with the font size in the email export window, which is always Large. It used to be possible to change the size, though it was a nuisance to have to do so every time.  Now it no longer seems possible to get either font or size to stay changed before beginning a message.  (Does not apply to subject line, but only to actual message.)  I have written about this issue more than once, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABODE OFFERS THE WORST SERVICE.  THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT MILKING THE MOST MONEY FROM ITS CUSTOMERS AND FORCING THEM TO STICK WITH THEIR PRODUCT DESPITE S**T POOR SERVICE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error al exportar por correo en Lightroom a traves de Gmail

Mensaje: Se ha producido un error interno:0: attempt to index field 'font' (a nil value)

Me ocurre a raiz de la nueva actualizacion de Lightroom

Version 10.0  Camera Raw 13.0

Windows 10

Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not just Catilina or Big Sur. The same problem exists with Mojave OS on a Imac Late 2012 27 inch. Ha, I updated to Mojave from High Sierra because I wanted to install LR version 10. Awaiting a fix. Its a function I use all the time 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I don't get an Error Message. The "email to" window pops up, but the export to Mac Mail never happens though you can see the progress task bar doing "somthing".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edward:  this has been fixed with v10.1.  It's now working great for me. 
Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. Yes I have heard that 10.1 fixed it but not for me. It may be my custom email export settings are bad/corrupted? I have installed 10.1, but the export to email still doesn't work. Will try deleting my email presets first (there are only 2 or 3), and maybe uninstall-reinstall 10.1 again andsee if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the following error message when trying to email a photo from LRC 2021.  It worked fine with LRC 2020.

Unable to Export:

An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field 'font' (a nil value).  See screenshot.

Any help out there?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works on my end.

Since there are many options, please tell us more about the exact steps you take.

Are you trying to send using an email application or directly? Export or directly? ....

I assume you are using LrC 10, since there is no version named 2021.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, LRC 10. I go to file/email photo & fill out the dialog box that opens up. Worked fine in LRC 9.4; not working in LRC 10. Nothing else changed.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @GoldingD already wrote: It's a confirmed bug and we'll have to wait for a fix.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines