• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

From Classic to Instagram?

Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This new forum area appears to be about the interconnection of the major apps.   Maybe this can launch a discussion.  

I may be the only one left on the planet that has put only a few cellphone pictures on social media. 

I have a lot of images stored in Lightroom Classic ranging from scans of old 35mm slide photography to current RAW shooting.  It's fun to go through and review for the good ones.  What might be the better procedures or workflows to get the "special favorites" to Instagram or, maybe even, Facebook? 

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running windows or Mac?

I ask because I had trouble getting photos to Instagram for a while. It was annoying since I shot them on my DSLR, processed in Photoshop, then had to jump through hoops to get them to my phone to get onto instagram. But now on my Mac, I can just AirDrop them from my computer over to my phone and post away. super quick and easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel,

Thanks.  I'm on Windows and don't have a clue what AirDrop is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh... well then... I'll be interested to hear how to do it on a windows box as I am thinking of getting one just so I can work on either platform with certain software that I need that is only on windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing to Instagram straightly from Photoshop. I have tried to publish to Facebook and it worked for personal account, I am not sure for groups and pages, it may not work. There is File > Share menu item but also and Share button in the top right corner, click on it and install additional apps if needed to be able to publish to your favorite site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bojan Živković wrote

I am publishing to Instagram straightly from Photoshop. I have tried to publish to Facebook and it worked for personal account, I am not sure for groups and pages, it may not work. There is File > Share menu item but also and Share button in the top right corner, click on it and install additional apps if needed to be able to publish to your favorite site.

Thank you Bojan!  I had no idea that was there!  I need to do some trials and testing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest creating a collection for social media posts. Sync the collection with Lightroom CC. Then open Lightroom on your phone or other mobile device. You will see the synced collection as an album in Lightroom CC on your phone. Select an image and tap on the share icon to find the option to “open in”.  That will send a jpeg to whatever other apps are on your phone, like instagram or facebook. You can also export out an image to your camera roll, and then upload it to instagram from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Theresa+J  wrote

I suggest creating a collection for social media posts. Sync the collection with Lightroom CC. Then open Lightroom on your phone or other mobile device. You will see the synced collection as an album in Lightroom CC on your phone. Select an image and tap on the share icon to find the option to “open in”.  That will send a jpeg to whatever other apps are on your phone, like instagram or facebook. You can also export out an image to your camera roll, and then upload it to instagram from there.

That works!  Thank you Theresa.  

(I'm about a third done with your ecosystem course.  I keep getting sidetracked.  I have to stay focused on my to do list!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe there is a plug-in which works with publish services in Lightroom Classic. It even has a separate metadata field for adding hashtags. I’ve not used it personally but it could be worth taking a look at this video from Adobe’s evangelist Terry White.

https://youtu.be/8OQ2I1xvmNk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to the developer web site and there is a notice that Instagram has changed its protocol and the app no longer works. There is no date on the notice.

That's too bad because the app looked like it had some really useful features. Anybody know of an app that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create collections to share with Lightroom CC in LR classic. I use Adobe Spark to share to Instagram. on my ipad of phone, I open Spark Post. It can access my photos in LR. I usually ad a little text or watermark or something to my image and share to Instagram. Easy Peasy.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this plugin for years in Lightroom Classic: LR/Instagram - Lightroom Publish Plugin for Instagram

It gets the job done. It's easy to set up and get started - worth the $10 suggested donation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a folder with saved or downloaded videos, so make sure to check your phone carefully enough, and you gonna find it. Still, next time, save the video directly to your phone because you're not always able to reach the data you need. Personally, since I added the free trial from https://megafamous.com/free-trial , and after I started to work harder on my Instagram account, I started saving all the data I post. Anyway hope you'll be able to restore the info you've lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today's Instagram is no stranger to us.

It was really popular a few years ago and now has many new features. 

It became my small business partner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines