• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MBP 14 with M1 max and with the latests version of Lightroom when launched in full screen mode (i use this mode 100% of the time) the top filter bar and the top part of photos are hidden by the top bar.

Also if I switch between the view mode and back to full screen it goes ok.

You can see from screenshots...

Do you know how to fix it?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the M1 Pro version of the 14" MacBook Pro, but I have not seen this specific problem. But my Mac is on macOS 12.6.2, which version is yours running? Just wondering if it’s tied to a certain version of macOS.

I have seen other similar screen glitches at times, though. Like you said, toggling view modes usually fixes them. Not sure what the real cause is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you enter full screen mode? MacOS can run any application in full screen mode, but Lightroom Classic has its own full screen mode under the View menu. I do not think these are the same, and I think you should use the latter.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edit: I rewrote this post after Johan Elzenga noticed that parts of it were incorrect.]

Johan raises a good point: Lightroom Classic supports both macOS full screen mode (Window > Enter/Exit Full Screen or the green button) and its own (Window > Screen Mode submenu), and they work differently. So as we troubleshoot this, we should be clear about which full screen mode is involved.

It should be OK to use either full screen mode, and like other Mac applications Lightroom Clasic should be expected to work properly under macOS full screen mode too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using MacOs 13.1 for @Conrad C 

I'm not using the green button to go full screen, I'm using the Window>Screen Mode>Full Screen @Conrad C @JohanElzenga 

The problem is that everytime i restart it, it has this behaviour that goes away if I switch mode. But since i like to work on full screen, as soon as I quit and reopen it, it happens again. If I use the MacOs Full Screen, the next opening will still being in a window and not in fullscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan raises a good point that should be clarified for anyone else helping to try and solve this. Lightroom Classic supports two totally different full screen modes, and white_libra is using macOS full screen mode (Window > Enter/Exit Full Screen or the green button) , not Lightroom Classic full screen mode (Window > Screen Mode submenu). It’s easy to see which one it is, because in the screen shots that were posted, the side panels are visible in full screen mode. That is possible only with macOS full screen mode, so that is where the problem is happening.

By @Conrad C

No, that is not true. Lightroom's own full screen mode will show the side panels if you want it. Lightroom even has a separate menu 'Full Screen and Hide Panels'. Below first 'Full Screen with Menubar' (what I always use) and the next one is 'Full Screen'.

BTW: I do not see any difference between Full Screen in Lightroom and setting Lightroom's screen mode to Normal and then use the geen button to get MacOS full screen, so I'm not sure what's going wrong with the OP. I'm using a MBP 16" M1 Max and MacOS Ventura 13.1, so almost the same as the OP.

1 2023-01-04 11-21-16.jpg

1 2023-01-04 11-21-30.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, that is not true. Lightroom's own full screen mode will show the side panels if you want it. Lightroom even has a separate menu 'Full Screen and Hide Panels'. Below first 'Full Screen with Menubar' (what I always use) and the next one is 'Full Screen'.

By @JohanElzenga

Oops, I definitely made a mistake there… I was thinking of Window > Screen Mode > Full Screen Preview in Lightroom Classic that you get by pressing the F key. I will edit my post above. Thanks for correcting that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines