• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEIC broken. iOS 14.3; MacOS 10.15.7; Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 (Camera Raw 13.1)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with HEIC from my iPhone7 in Lightroom Classic for a couple of years.

Somewhere in the last month or two it broke.

All the HEIC images I loaded in the past now get a black (!) "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo".  And of course I can't import new ones.

Import direct from phone, via AirDrop, or extracted via ImageExtract to HDD on the Mac - same result in each case.

(Lightroom (Cloud) still shows the imported and sync'd HEIC images just fine - whether it has converted them to DNG internally I don't know...)

I can't see anything in the forums about this - I can't be alone with this problem?

Oh, and why is HEIC not supported by this website?  All the RAW formats work, just not HEIC?

Has HEIC support been discontinued?  What about all the HEIC's I've imported and edited over the past couple of years?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this on ocassion myself. If I restart Lightroom everything is ok ...

I haven't no been able to import from disk. I am downloading via bluetooth at the moment -  an iPhone 7+ 256

Does this happen with you as well??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync from disc is iffy, at best.  Yesterday, it pulled in 20-ish pics, where 500 were new.

I found Apple's Image Capture (a separate download) to be more reliable.  I copy the files to my Mac HDD with Image Capture, and then import into LRC.

I'm trying the LRC restart now.  Yes, that seems to work!  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been sporadic reports about not being able to read imported HEICs or import new ones:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-and-photoshop-stop-reading-... 

I've observed it once. Restart LR seems to make the problem go away at least for a while, and doing Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings > Purge Cache may make the problem go away for even longer.

Please add your details of what you've observed to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.  Without more reports from users, Adobe will ignore this issue.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines