• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help consolidate import photo folders

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help resolving why I have all the different import folders showing up.  They're all related to iPhones I have had and are named the same.    Can I consolidate these within the tool, or is the process required to be performed at the mac OS file manager?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic preferences - Lightroom Sync, you can set a location for incoming synced photos. By default this is an obscure 'package' in your catalog folder, but here you can change it to any normal folder on any disk you want. Do that first, this will apply to new synced images. Then select one of the 'iPhone' devices in the folder panel, select all its photos in the grid and drag and drop them onto this new location. You may have to first take one new photo with your iPhone and sync it to make the new location appear (if it's a new folder) in the folder panel. Do this with each 'iPhone' device. Finally, if all 'iPhone' devices show zero images because they have all been successfully moved, right-click on such device folder and choose to remove it. Removing the folder will remove the entire device from the panel.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then select one of the 'iPhone' devices in the folder panel, select all its photos in the grid and drag and drop them onto this new location. You may have to first take one new photo with your iPhone and sync it to make the new location appear (if it's a new folder) in the folder panel. Do this with each 'iPhone' device. 

By @JohanElzenga

When you change the location for the Lightroom Synced images, my understanding is that LrC should either automatically move the existing synced photos to the new location, or at least give you the option to have them moved. It certainly used to do that, but I haven't checked lately, but it's something to watch for when changing the existing location if that location already has images stored in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scrap that last response. Just tested it and it didn't move the existing images when the location was changed, so Johan's post is correct. Now just got to figure out if it was a change, a bug, or my memory failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines