• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! How to stop LrC from automatically opening previous editing session

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a reasonably experienced PS user but brand new to Lr Classic, and I have a very basic issue that I can't figure out how to fix. I recently went through an editing session of about 50 photos, everything was fine, and then I closed Lr. Now, a few days later when I open LR, images from that prior session automatically come to the forefront of the screen, which I do not want. I cannot figure out how to easily close those images (they appear in Grid and as solo versions) so I can just get to work in the basic interface. I've searched all over and cannot figure out to prevent this;  I simply want the basic LrC interface to open.

What am I not doing?

Thanks for any advice. I anxious to get better at using LR, but it is not exactly intuitive for new users. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot might help to clarify your issue.

Note that LrC should open right where you closed it at. So, if you were in develop module, editing a particular photo, that is where it will be upon restart (if opening the previous catalog). If you were in Library module, and in a particular folder, and in grid view, then tryst is where it will be upon restart.

Note that several selections will show up upon restart or retry, such as in the Import Screen, the Destination will be what it was previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot figure out how to easily close those images

No such thing as closing images in Lightroom Classic. They remain in your Library.

... so I can just get to work in the basic interface.

What do you mean by "basic interface"? What work do you want to do?

Please consider viewing introductory videos or reading the free beginner's e-book at lightroomqueen.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines