Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, where to buy Lightroom as "Perpetual" fixed license"

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hi, where to buy Lightroom as "Perpetual fixed license" ?

* This has been confirmed by Adobe support but needs to by done using a reseller, but all

resellers(3) I have talked to says , no-no-no you cant buy Llightroom as "Perpetual" fixed license only as per monthly sub.

This is obviusly wrong since Adobe Support had ack. that they now(3 Oct 2019) has a fixed price for Lightroom but it needs to be bought trough a reseller not them. (have this confirmed in black/white).

Anyhow, anyone know of a reseller who sells it as/with fixed price, please advise ?

Brgds

S.O.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they offer you a LR Classic fixed? I'd be surprised . . .

I think you'd be stuck on version 6 for the answer to your request I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy a pre-paid year's subscription through third party resellers - perhaps that is what was referred to. This is still not a perpetual license: continued full use of the software beyond that purchased year, will require continuation of the paid subscription one way or another. It's the same (latest current or optionally recent earlier version) software, installed and license-checked the exact same way, however you've paid for it.

Lightroom Classic (desktop based) still works, in a limited mode, even after subscription payments are discontinued - so that the image library one has accumulated can still remain accessible and usable for output. Photoshop stops working though. Lightroom (cloud based) probably also stops working in a meaningful way, though you can still retain your Adobe ID with a free account, with a few cloud stored galleries or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not offer a perpetual fixed license version of Lightroom anymore. Lightroom is available by subscription only, payable annually or monthly. Photoshop Elements can be purchased as a perpetual standalone program for editing photographs. But no such license is available for Lightroom.

The only way you would be able to get a perpetual copy is if you could find a reseller who would still have a copy of Lightroom 6 Available for purchase. You would be able to update that version to Lightroom 6.14, which was the last update that was ever released. But there were no updates after that, and there is no support from Adobe. You would still be able to get some support from this forum, but that is waning because there aren't a lot of Lightroom 6 users who participate here. The challenge is on you to find a reseller who would have Lightroom 6 available for purchase because it has been out of production now for quite some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would any honest reseller offer Lightroom 6 for sale? No longer supported by the producer, no longer undateable, lacking features, and will soon start to fail on newer operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably for the same reason some users want to purchase it. They don't want a subscription. They can't wrap their heads around that concept and are determined they are going to convince Adobe they have made a bad choice. Of course, that is never going to work. From what I have been able to determine, the subscription model has been highly successful for the company. But there are those who seem to hold on to the idea that things will change.

And why wouldn't a reseller want to clear "dead" inventory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was here looking to see if Adobe offered a perpetual license for Lightroom again and I just wanted to chime in. It's not that I can't "wrap my head around" the concept of a subscription plan, it's that I'm a hobbyist photographer that can't justify spending $120 a year for the software when I used to have the option to buy the software for $300, use it for a few years, upgrade to the latest version for $100 and use that for a few years and just continue the process if necessary. I still have a 10 year old copy of Adobe CS5 Master Suite and it suits my needs perfectly, I get that Adobe makes far more money with the subscription model than their old plan, it's just frustrating that there aren't any real competitors in the market anymore *shakes fist angrily at Apple for killing Aperture*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Australia I can find this site offering Lr6, but can you trust them?

You could buy the Download and then find that Adobe will not issue a Serial Number licence (irrespective of the guarantees on the site!).

https://cheapasales.com/adobe-photoshop-lightroom/94-adobe-lightroom-6-2pc-license-download--9337694...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware it is not possible, at present, to purchase and register / activate a licensed version of Lightroom 6. 

It may be possible for you to pay someone to provide you with a license key for Lightroom 6, but to register that license key with Adobe and activate the application is entirely up to Adobe.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't ebay!

[The spamming message this is an answer to was removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Cloud now require an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, with no perpetual license available any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You guess correct.!

And specifically for Lightroom-Classic & Photoshop-  it is a Subscrition to the Photography Plan.

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines