• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ho do I COMPLETELY remove Nik software?

Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed all Nik editing software from my iMac but still see references to all the available edit options under "edit" in Lightroom. I have searched in Applications and Lightroom package contents but there is no sign of any Nik software so it would seem it has removed completely. But when I open an image and go to edit it shows Nik software still there to be used although it has disabled. How can I remove these action prompts please? I am running an iMac, OS High Sierra 10.13.2 and Lightroom 5. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Thanks. I found this which may be the same.

Lightroom Users: After Analog Efex Pro is removed from the computer, it may still appear in your Lightroom plug-ins list. To remove it, open Lightroom, then open Lightroom's Preferences. Open the External Editor tab, and select Analog Efex Pro from the Preset drop-down menu. Then, re-open the Preset drop-down menu and select 'Delete preset "Analog Efex Pro."'

I selected each plugin individually and then deleted and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Preferences at the External Editing tab. You can delete Nik entries.

Also in Plugin Manager, there may be a reference to HDREfex. In the Status section, you can go to where the plugin is stored - usually a Modules folder - and delete that file.

I think that should be all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I found this which may be the same.

Lightroom Users: After Analog Efex Pro is removed from the computer, it may still appear in your Lightroom plug-ins list. To remove it, open Lightroom, then open Lightroom's Preferences. Open the External Editor tab, and select Analog Efex Pro from the Preset drop-down menu. Then, re-open the Preset drop-down menu and select 'Delete preset "Analog Efex Pro."'

I selected each plugin individually and then deleted and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines