• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get VSCO iOS specific filters in Lightroom or Photoshop RAW filters?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to recreate the appearance of VSCO iOS-specific filters in Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop RAW filters? I've been using VSCO filters on my iOS device, and I'd like to achieve similar effects when editing photos in Lightroom or Photoshop. What steps should I follow to match these VSCO-style filters, and are there any specific settings or techniques to use? Your guidance will be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Experiment , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop offer a wide range of filters and editing tools, it may not be possible to recreate VSCO iOS-specific filters precisely. VSCO filters are proprietary and have their unique characteristics. However, you can achieve a similar aesthetic by experimenting with the settings and tools available in Lightroom or Photoshop. Start by adjusting exposure, contrast, saturation, and color grading to get closer to the desired look. It may take some trial and error to find the right combination, but with practice, you can create custom styles that resemble VSCO filters. There are also many online resources and presets available that mimic VSCO-style effects, which can serve as a starting point for your edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a before and after image of a subject with a wide range of colors and tints, you can load the images in layers (before below and after in the top layer - make sure they are lined up perfectly) in Photoshop and create a LUT (https://photoshopcafe.com/make-lut-photoshop/) that you then subsequently can use in camera raw to create a new profile (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aje_c8Ggerg from 3:40 on) that will work in all versions of Lightroom and will achieve the goal you're after. This is probably not entirely kosher but is the way in which you can recreate filter looks fairly easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines