• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change from mm to inches in Page Setup for printing specal sizes?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change from mm to inches in Page Setup for printing specal sizes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about printing? Page set-up is something you do in your computer OS. On Mac OSX the set-up dialog appears after clicking the print button.

You can set a custom cell size in inches in the right-hand panel of the LR print module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Lightroom and have opened up Page Setup and tied to select a custom paper size and the dimensions are in mm and there is no way to select inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to make prints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I am trying to custom size my paper size to 9.5 in x 13 in and I can only do it using the equivalent size in mm's. There no way to set the size windows to inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I guess it depends on your printer and paper profiles. I do have settings for inches but only the following sizes:

9x11

10x11

10x14

11x17

12x11

15x11

If you only have choices in millimeters, it is possible to switch the units under the right-hand layout tab to correspond. It may not help, but that’s the only suggestion I can make unless others have a better idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you are on a Mac. If you want to change your Page Set Up, from mm to inches, you need to change your default in the following (Depending on your OS):

System Preferences >  Language and  Text  >  Formats Tab  >  Measurement Units > US

or

System Preferences > International  >  Formats Tab  >  Measurement Units > US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That exactly the instructions I was looking for.  

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the mouse pointer over the ruler (on mac), hold control key and click. This will give you a pop up window where you can select your preferred measurement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrific.  This worked for me (from inches to metric).  Also changes the dimensions and boxes in the print setup to metric as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click in Windows. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that it still divides the centimeters on the ruler into 8 sections, not 10. I wish the US would adopt the metric system....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's lovely when someone who knows what they are talking about "posts".  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

omg thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Progress is being made. Now the question is when the fix will hit Release; thru the Beta channel in Firefox 48 or later in 49 or 50?

Posted just hours ago: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1280159#c9

Looks like the code to determine page size units on Windows OS's was re-written.

https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/a4999a2b771d If you read the //comments below here - https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/a4999a2b771d#l1.143 - I get the idea that Bob Owens does know "whats up" with printer code in Firefox. Kinda sorry that I have said that no one currently doing Mozilla development knows the printer code well enough to fix or modify it correctly ...

Someone who see's that problem should test it when it does hit a channel, hopefully in 48Beta6 so it can be tested ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue in PRINT JOB ... the sizes were in inches and I needed them in cm.
The solution is easy ... scroll up in Lightroom, to the LAYOUT tab, and make the change there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines