• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I constrain a crop to a perfect square in Lightroom Classic?

Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see I can constrain aspect ratio by right-clicking on the crop in Lightroom Classic, but nowhere do I find ability to tell Lightroom to maintain same side measurment on all sides of a crop. Is this possible? How do I attain? Is it possible to enter the pixel numbers for a crop? Things I've always wanted to know but never asked. It's time to find out what my abilies are for this. 

TIA,

Ken

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

LrC is a non destructive editor i.e. It will not ever physically apply changes to the original file, the edits you apply to an image is data stored in the Catalog file.

You use the crop tool to apply a specific aspect ratio so if you wish aspect ratio which will be equal on both width and high you simply select 1x1. Then you move the crop box to choose the area you wish to be retained. Then, if you wish an image file with specific pixels or inches you would need to export the image  an choose yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC is a non destructive editor i.e. It will not ever physically apply changes to the original file, the edits you apply to an image is data stored in the Catalog file.

You use the crop tool to apply a specific aspect ratio so if you wish aspect ratio which will be equal on both width and high you simply select 1x1. Then you move the crop box to choose the area you wish to be retained. Then, if you wish an image file with specific pixels or inches you would need to export the image  an choose your needs e.g. 3000x3000. Pixels, Inches or CM and Lightroom will resize the image accordingly and create a new image.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very straightforward and complete answer. Thank You very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines