• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a preset to export a Low Res jpg to disk?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a user export preset to create low res jpgs. However whenever I create a preset to do this LR changes is to DNG. I have contacted support and they don't seem too have a clue - they even suggest it's not possible. Any ideas out there?

Thanks

Pete

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course that is possible, but you have to select JPEG as file format in the Export dialog.

1 2022-11-14 11-18-01.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have got "Original" selected as the file type setting for the export, then a straight duplicate of the underlying imported image is exported, not an edited copy. That is necessarily of the same file type as the imported image and has the same starting content (so, under this option alone can a Raw file be exported). It will however be accompanied by a set of Adobe metadata describing your latest LrC edits.

If you instead choose an explicit image file type, then whatever the original image's type might be, a new file of the chosen sort will be created. The bitmap content of this file will directly reflect your latest edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines