• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move part of a LR catalog?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several groups of photos that I would like to hide from other users on my computer.  I have an encrypted drive (Folder Lock) on my computer where I can physically move these photos to.  My question is how can I retain all of the adjustments I've made to all of the photos?  If I move them wouldn't I need to move that section of the catalog that contains the adjustments?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can just move them and then would I just re-link their location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new catalog with these photos you want to hide. Move that new catalog and the photos to your encrypted folder; re-link the photo if necessary. Then remove the photos from the original catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the selected photos to a new catalog, that will carry on the edits.

Then move this catalog to the specific protected folder.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest your best workflow would be to -

1) Select all the images you want hidden from the 'Master' catalog.

2) Go MENU: FILE > EXPORT AS CATALOG

3) Include the Option for NEGATIVE FILES

4) Name (eg. "Private") and Save the exported catalog with Image files to desired location (eg. an external drive. Space needed for the 'Negative' files!)

5) Now [DELETE from disk] the selected images in your 'Master' Catalog.

You then have all the 'private' images in a separate folder (on a separate drive?) with a dedicated catalog that contains all edits, collections, keywords, etc, specific to the private images.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines