Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How do I stop Lightroom from automatically applying lense corrections?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried creating a master preset and setting it to default in edit > preferences. I turned off lense corrections but it still automatically applies a lense correction for my camera every time I import photos.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just to make sure that the preset itself is working properly, have you tried applying it to a picture that already has lens correction? Does it turn it off, as it should?

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator (kelmond.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does not

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is from a mirrorless camera, I don't think you can turn off the lens corrections. What camera?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a mirrorless, canon eos r6. Is it really impossible?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may not be related to the "preset", many Mirrorless Camera models have lenses that require lens corrections and the info is contained in the Raw file to be applied when processing. Lightroom Classic will apply the corrections at import, there is no option to turn off this feature.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6, LrC 10.4, Lr 4.4, Ps 22.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no settings or preset or correction I can make to change this? It is a mirrorless camera. I like the "distortion" of the lense because I often play with perspective in my photography. That doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I only use lightroom to look through and sort my photos and then edit in photoshop. Are there any other programs (adobe or otherwise) that are good for sorting through your RAW photos and making selections? Everything LR does in terms of "developing" it seems like photoshop can do the exact same if not better.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other programs (adobe or otherwise) that are good for sorting through your RAW photos and making selections?

Bridge might suit your needs.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator (kelmond.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted "it is a mirrorless, canon eos r6. Is it really impossible?"

Archie have a look at the article available at the link below. The Lightroom Classic update had some changes to how the built in lens profiles was applied to selected new Mirrorless models, check if it applies to your model.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-4-cloud-3-4/

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6, LrC 10.4, Lr 4.4, Ps 22.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only use lightroom to look through and sort my photos and then edit in photoshop. Are there any other programs (adobe or otherwise) that are good for sorting through your RAW photos and making selections? 

So, you ate not using LrC to manage a database (catalog) of your photos. And you are not using LrC to edit metadata. And you are not using LrC to edit appearance (Develop)

You use it to cull thru images.

Sounds like you need to acquire a Media Browser meant for photos, to cull, to manage metadata, to rate, etc.

Might want to consider Photo Mechanic

https://home.camerabits.com/tour-photo-mechanic/

also see:

https://www.organizingphotos.net/tips-cull-culling-photos/

and:

https://windowsreport.com/photo-culling-software/

Other members, comments? Other programs?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will look into those thank you! I import the photos and make selections then I edit them individually in photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences> Presets after you select your preset with 'Enable Profile Corrections unchecked' click on 'Create Default' as shown below. It works for me using a Canon EOS R6 CR3 file.

Create Default.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines