• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a lens profile to LR

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...just wondering if someone smatrter than me can tell me how to add a lens profile to LR..
Cheers Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you already have a lens profile and want to know how to add it, or do you want to know how to create one and add it? Adding in profile is a matter of placing it in the correct folder, creating one is a bit more work. Adobe has an old Lens Profile Creator application. You can still download it (https://blogs.adobe.com/labs/archives/tag/adobe-lens-profile-downloader) but it does not work on the latest MacOS (you do not mention which OS you use).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Johan...just want to add one..it does not show me for a Canon 16-36 2.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows..;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably mean 16-35 f/2.8. All three versions of that lens are supported (https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html). Make sure you have a raw file selected, not a jpeg. Lens profiles are for raw files only.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once i click on your link i am not sure where to go...can you direct me further..:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On which link of Johan's are you clicking on? The one for the list of supported lenses or the Lens Profile downloader?

As Noted that lens is already supported, all 3 versions, but you have to have a RAW file not a JPG.

With a JPG file whatever Canon thought the profile should be is added, burnt into, the JPG file itself.

2020-06-25 05_32_34-Supported lenses.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines