• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy photos taken on iphone with lightroom app to a laptop with lightroom classic NO INTERNET

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When vacationing we are often without internet for 7-14 days. On vacation, I take pictures with my "real" camera (SD cards * CFAST) AND with my iphone using lightroom mobile app. I have a macbook air with me which has lightroom classic and I create a catalog for the trip, which I then eventually import into lightroom classic main catalog when I get home.

My question is how do I copy the photos I take in lightroom mobile on my phone to my laptop to be integrated with the other photos taken on the trip WITHOUT INTERNET? If I connect my iphone directly through a cable to my macbook air laptop, I believe I have access to jpgs in the camera roll, but how do I get access to the raw images taken by the Lightroom Mobile app? I've searched a bit on the internet and most of the advice about dealing with lightroom without internet deals with people using "real" cameras and card readers, not people attempting to copy lightroom mobile raw files from their iphones.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrMobile, you can select the DNG files and use AirDrop to send them to the Macbook.  See here about using Airdrop without WiFi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZVXwTn0HC4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Air drop will copy the images to the Macbook, but I except that you will then have to import to the LrC Catalog.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.Airdrop will work and it didn't take too long to transfer 100 .dng files. It's a bit of a pain as the photos are dumped into the Downloads directory on the Macbook Air and it isn't configurable. I wish there was someway I could use a USB cable and copy the files to their proper place directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With a USB cable you should be able to use Files to copy the files to a folder on the Mac but then you would have to Export as DNG from LrMobile to Files on the phone, then use Files and copy them to the Mac.  You may be able to use Move, I don't know and didn't try.  If not then you would have to delete them from Files on the phone.  To me it is easier to just go to the Mac and move the files from Downloads.  You could use the following Automator Folder Action to automatically move the DNG files to a folder of your choice so you wouldn't have to pick through your Downloads folder.  I keep my Downloads folder CLEAN and use Airdrop to transfer files, both CR2 and DNG, from the Ipad and LrMobile all the time.  Change the destination folder to your choice.  I created and tried this and it works fine.

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 7.46.59 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines