• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create alphabetical filenames when exporting photos

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upload photos to a photobook provider (Photobox). To make their system show my photos in order, they need to be in alphabetical filename order. Is there a way to export my photos creating new filenames in alphabeticl order eg A, B C etc and then with a number when it repeats?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but why not create new file names with a sequence number at the beginning? That is something that Lightroom can do and those images will sort the same way.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It looks to me as though the number only appears after a name. But if it could be done number first, it would be ideal. I’ll check it out unless you know how to do it??

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rename them in your library or you can rename them on export:

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 1.50.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 1.49.27 PM.png

  

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me as though the number only appears after a name. But if it could be done number first, it would be ideal.
By @briant62694325

You can drag a file renaming token (in this case Sequence) to any position in the filename. In your case, drag it to the beginning, as shown in the demo below. It also shows inserting a hyphen to separate the sequence token from the filename.

Lightroom Classic export file rename sequence.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also first empty the field, and then add anything that is available in any order you want.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks to you all for your help which has enabled me to sort out my problem. The specific help was the ability to edit the template as explained by Conrad C. I didn't have much hope of a solution when I posted my question so I'm very pleased and grateful. Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines