• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete a mask easily with new masking tool in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always right-clicked to delete adjustment masks. I use an editing board so it's easier for me to just click the copy and paste button, then delete any masks that are unwanted on the second photo. Now when I right click, there isn't an option anymore after the update. Is there an easy way to delete a mask, other than going to the mask window and deleting from there?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An "easy way" I do not know, but, it seems to me it is just slightly different to activate the masking panel and delete a mask, whereas before, you had to re-activate a Tool (specifically- Brush or Gradient) to delete the tool mask.

Only one mouse click extra is needed to select the specific mask you want to delete.

And better is that all the tool masks are now in the one Masking panel- you do not have to activate each Tool separately as before. This does make it easier!

And dock the masking panel under the Histogram- I find it better visually.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I think my real issue is that now without the right-click delete mask option, as a wedding photographer, it severely interrupts my workflow going into the masks window and deleting each one individually or scrolling to find "delete all masks". I feel like this was an option that was missed on the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, unfortunately the masking panel wasn't designed for users who do volume processing. The best you can do is to memorize all the other kbsc's and hopefully they'll eventually include one for Delete All Masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines