• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display videos in full screen mode?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been trying to display my videos in Lightroom Classic (10.1.1 for Mac Os Catalina) in full screen mode (key F): although you can hear the sound the video freezes on the first image. I thought this might be due to the too high resolution of my iMac but the videos display normally in the loupe mode where the resolution is also higher than the native video format (1920 x 1080).

This problem bothers me after all when I want to watch the videos on my full HD beamer, connected to the Mac via AppleTV. All the pictures are in full screen but the videos not.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe acknowledged this bug nine months ago:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/how-to-display-videos-in-full-screen-mode/td-p/1175...

Please add your details to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.  There were similar bug reports for LR 5 and LR 6.

Note that LR's implementation of video has been riddled with problems since video was introduced in LR 4. To get smooth and/or full-screen playback, right-click the video thumbnail and do Show In Finder / Explorer. Then double-click the video file to play it in the default player for your Windows or Mac machine.  Alternatively, use the Any File plugin's Open command to play the video in the default player -- I've assigned Ctrl + O to the Open command.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines