• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get the yellow line when dragging a folder to collections

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott Kelby drags a folder to a collection and there is a yellow line that follows the folder so you can see where you are placing the folder.  How to I get the yellow line? (or was this just for Scott's example so students could see the movement?)  Thanks. Kent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

If the yellow part of the animation below is what you saw…

macOS Accent color and Lightroom Classic.gif

…then the way I figured it out was:

• I think Scott Kelby uses a Mac. 
  • Johan’s reply mentioned a blue line on his Mac, and that got me thinking because…
  • Blue is the default Accent Color on macOS. 

Putting it all together, the demo above shows the Accent Color being changed to Yellow in the General pane of macOS System Preferences, which affects all Mac applications. The Highlight Color also seems to affect Lightroom Classic list d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a blue line on my Mac. Not sure about Windows.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a Windows OS animation feature turned on. Typically I have all such fluff off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows I only see a faint grey line!

2021-07-07 10_09_25-Roberts Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the yellow part of the animation below is what you saw…

macOS Accent color and Lightroom Classic.gif

…then the way I figured it out was:

• I think Scott Kelby uses a Mac. 
  • Johan’s reply mentioned a blue line on his Mac, and that got me thinking because…
  • Blue is the default Accent Color on macOS. 

Putting it all together, the demo above shows the Accent Color being changed to Yellow in the General pane of macOS System Preferences, which affects all Mac applications. The Highlight Color also seems to affect Lightroom Classic list dragging in the same way. If you’re using Windows, I have to imagine Windows offers similar options.

If that is not what you saw, I’m not sure what else it could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a line that allows me to see where I place the newly created collection. That is handy if you want to drag it into a particular collection set. This line is definitely not the same as the highlight bar you show. It may indeed be blue instead of yellow because of my MacOS settings, however. Sorry, I can't post a video because I type this on my iPad right now.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  That is exactly what it is!!! But, I'm not sure I can find the same window app in Windows 10 for Lightroom.  Not going to switch to a Mac just to get the line but I think you figured it out.  Many thanks. Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a look in Windows, and it does have a similar Accent Color feature in the system-wide Settings. However, changing the Windows Accent Color did not change the Lightroom Classic drag highlight color in Folders/Collections (it stayed gray), even if I restarted Lightroom Classic. It looks like it’s wired up differently on the two operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for confirming that Windows is a little behind the Mac!  I'll just have to wait and hope Windows catches up with their next update.  Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a yellow line that follows the folder

https://youtu.be/1PNyRW38UnE?t=289

Is this the line you're referring to at the video at the above link around 4:49?

kelby-yellow-line.png

If so, see Conrad's post above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines