• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to preseve crop to next image shooting thethered?

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Does anyone knows if I can keep my crop settings preserved, so the next photo I shoot (thethered) already appears croped instead of having to sync the settings every shoot?

This feature helps me a lot when I use Capture One working as photo assitant to others photographers.

Thanks!!

Guilherme

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This might give you some good ideas to work with:

https://jkost.com/blog/2020/01/20-tips-for-cropping-in-lightroom-classic.html

Let us know if you need more help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Crop is one item you cannot include in a Develop Preset. (Develop Presets can be set in the Tether dialog)

Only work-arounds would be possible in LrC.

You could use a 'visual' overlay that will  appear on the 'full-size' image as it arrives from the tether.

This would act as a Guide for camera framing, so that you can Crop later in a manner similar to the overlay.

Not to forget that you can Batch Crop many images in the Library Grid view by selecting a Crop preset in the Quick Develop panel.

Here is an Overlay PNG image (Red border with central transparency) applied over an image.

2021-05-15 08_02_21-Lightroom.jpg

Overlay PNG images can be created in Photoshop-

WobertC_0-1621056322897.png

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copy/Paste sounds like a better approach, if newly arriving images need the same edits repeated.

Unlike with Sync, you don't need to each time 'fetch' those same settings again.

They are continually held in memory, ready to be applied at will (with Ctrl+V / Cmd+V).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines