• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to search for still images with "voice memo" audio files embedded

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Fujifilm X series cameras allow me to record a voice memo that is imported with the image file into Lightroom Classic. It's a separate WAV file that shows up in LR's metadata panel when present.

The entire "audio file" row disappears when there's no audio file.

See attached MacOS Finder  screenshot and screenshot from Library > Metadata.

Is there a way to search metadata for images that have this audio sidecar? I don't see anything in the Metadata Search dropdown for this.

See attached images.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

I don't believe there's any built-in method of filtering / searching for images with 'Voice Annotations'. However, the 'Any Filter' plugin by John Ellis https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm

has an option for filtering on 'Wav' files

John is a frequent participant on this forum. So, should be able to explain how it works if you need help.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there's any built-in method of filtering / searching for images with 'Voice Annotations'. However, the 'Any Filter' plugin by John Ellis https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm

has an option for filtering on 'Wav' files

John is a frequent participant on this forum. So, should be able to explain how it works if you need help.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IanLyons Wow, that is just perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. I've now located all my images with WAV notes.

Thanks so much. Very appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SO helpful - thanks Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines