• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop lightroom from saving import photos onto computer?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using lightroom to import photos for school and I need to import 100+ photos each time and they're getting to be several GBs. I want to move them, but last time I tried, I remember I had to re-find them or something. Can I have lightroom classic save manually elsewhere? Like a USB or the SD card it was on in the first place?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the import dialog you can change the destination where the files of the imported photos are saved.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! And is there a way to move current photos without having to relocate them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@delena0423 wrote:

Thank you! And is there a way to move current photos without having to relocate them?

Drag and drop the folder(s) to another location from within the Lightroom folder panel.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy (save) the photos to an external disk, but Lightroom does not allow you to add photos to the catalog while keeping them on a memory card. That is to protect you from your own mistakes. If you would do that and then reformat the card to use it again, you would permanently lose the photos.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines