• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sync back Lightroom Library folder to central location?

Enthusiast ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers; one is Windows and MacBookPro M1. What is the best way to sync back whatever is on my MBP to the central storage location? How do photographers on the road sync back their files to their central location after they've been working on their MBP? I'm struggling to develop a workflow that will allow me to work on my MBP while onthe road but then sync everything back to my central storage location so I don't lose anything. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way (not the only way) to do it, considering that the master images are on the Windows computer, would be to create a collection of images that you want to work on while you are on the road. It could be one collection or several collections and then synchronize them. Then, using the MacBook Pro, you could use Lightroom cloudy to edit those collections while you are on the road. Yes, they would be smart previews and not full sized images. But the adjustments made on those smart previews would impact the master images, and then you could finish up when you get back to the master images.

As I indicated, this is one approach you could use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines