• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sync edits from folder on one hard drive to backup drive?

Participant ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere.  I couldn't find anything about it.

I recently had my main working hard drive go on the fritz for about a week.  This is the drive my LR catalog is on, and where I do all of my LR work. 

I have a backup drive, which is constantly updated.  When the main drive pooped out, I still needed to get work done, so I did my edits on the files located on the backup drive. 

Now that my main drive is back online, I'm wondering if there's a way to sync all the LR edits I made to the files on the backup drive to the respective files on my main drive.  I know sometime in the future, I'll need to revisit some of the files and I would like all my "working" files in one place. 

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

All of the edits you have done are contained in the catalog, not in the files. So with the files that are back on your main hard drive are in the same folder structure as on your backup hard drive just right-click on your folder structure in the library module and update the folder location. Point Lightroom to the folders on your main hard drive and everything will be back in order. If you have moved the images around and they are in a different folder structure now you might have some difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the edits you have done are contained in the catalog, not in the files. So with the files that are back on your main hard drive are in the same folder structure as on your backup hard drive just right-click on your folder structure in the library module and update the folder location. Point Lightroom to the folders on your main hard drive and everything will be back in order. If you have moved the images around and they are in a different folder structure now you might have some difficulty getting things synchronized again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's perfect, thank you!  Exactly what I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines