• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Turn Off Lens Corrections on Import

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems ever since I updated Lightroom Classic to v10.3, Lens Profile Correction and Remove Chromatic Aberration are automatically applied upon import. I've searched and tried chaging the Raw Defaults in Preferences to Camera Defaults and Adobe Default, and both still apply these two settings upon Import. Does anyone know how disable this? I prefer uploading my RAW files without any settings applied during import.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

The Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM is one of the few RF lenses that Adobe has a matching lens profile. So it's not using a built-in lens profile with this specific Canon RF lens. The best solution is to create a Develop preset that only has the Lens Corrections selected and Enable Profile Corrections unchecked in the raw file when you create it. Then follow the below instructions to change the Raw Defaults using a preset. This will effectively turn off all lens corrections on future imports.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera?

Did you look over Import Presets (lower right of screen) to see if you have one that sets this? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon R5

The Import Preset bar at the bottom of the Import screen says None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are experiencing the Built-in lens profile applied as displayed in the screen capture then that is a profile that has been created by your camera manufacturer. Most likely you are using a mirrorless camera model, the profile will be applied automatically by LrC at import and there is no option for you to turn it off. this applies to the majority of mirroless camera models.

Built-in lens profile..png 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, and why I asked what camera was being used. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The boxes are checked upon import, nothing is grayed out and there isn't a note stating "Built-in Lens Profile applied". The screenshot below is how the Lens Corrections section looks immediately after import. Those boxes are checked automatically when I import from my card ever since I updated to v10.3.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 7.00.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what if you turn off the two checkboxes above, make a preset. Then select that preset on Import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is definitely an option. I just don't know why this is automatically applied to all imports and not made an option to turn off. I prefer my RAW files untouched when I first import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a known bug with EOS R5 that's affecting most, if not all RF lenses, and is currently listed on Adobe's internal bug base.

For some it's just an irritation and for others, especially those who build 1:1 previews for lots of images on import, it's adding around 1 second per image to the import/preview building process (i.e. an additional 8+ minutes for a 500 image import)

FWIW, I have the same issue with:

RF 15-35mm F2.8

RF 24-105mm F4

RF 70-200 F2.8

RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1

At present, the way to prevent the lens corrections being applied during import is to apply a preset during import or change the LrC default settings for the camera as described by Todd, et al.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

some info at:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html

inquiry to members, link to feature request to disable built-in lens profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM is one of the few RF lenses that Adobe has a matching lens profile. So it's not using a built-in lens profile with this specific Canon RF lens. The best solution is to create a Develop preset that only has the Lens Corrections selected and Enable Profile Corrections unchecked in the raw file when you create it. Then follow the below instructions to change the Raw Defaults using a preset. This will effectively turn off all lens corrections on future imports.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the only solution. I don't know why this changed with the update, I just wish I could import my files untouched from the camera and I control what changes I want to make to the RAW files. I wish Adobe would just make an option to apply lens corrections upon import instead of assuming people just want them applied on every import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my Raw Defaults Lens Profile Corrections set for Distortion 0 and Vignetting 75. I only change those settings on image files that exhibit "visible" distortion or vignetting. See why at the below post. Remove Chromatic Aberration can be left checked as I have yet to see any detrimental efects to date (2007-2021) with ANY image file.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/fuji-x100s-lens-corrections-in-lr5/m-p/5360199#M133...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines