• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Can't Tether my camera to Monterey

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have brand new Mac Book Pro. I need to tether my Canon 5DMark IV to LR Classic. It will not read my camera. Adobe says it's Apple's issue, Apple says it's Adobe's issue. I have a brand new computer and all it can do is play music. 

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave this tether function a test with my Nikon D500 and my new MBP Max max on Monterey. At first, I used the USB 3 cables that came with my Sony card readers along with a generic USB C - USB A little plug adapter and an Apple brand dongle type adapter. The camera would not connect. 

Then, I managed to find my orange Tether Tools USB 3 cable that has worked fine with my previous (2) MBPs. Once I hooked the camera up to the MBP Max with that Tether Tools cable all tether functions worked fine, including the Live View with focus function. 

Also, I have found the inexpensive little USB C - USB A adapters frequently do not work as well as the Apple branded dongles.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the tether Tools cable and cannot connect still. My cameras do not seem to be able to even be recognized by my laptop no matter how many drivers i download 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@VanMariePortrait Your post is missing a lot of information.

Is your camera on the list of cameras supported for tethering?

What exact laptop and operating system do you have?

Are you using the cable directly between the camera and computer, or are you using some kind of USB-USB adapter?

What drivers are you refering to? No additional drivers are required as I recall.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines