• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need assistance reading metadata from file related to tone curve

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short, after a recent LRC update it wiped out all of my presets. Awesome i know, fortunately one of my favorite presets i made i would transfer to LR and it would save as a .tiff file. I was able to go back into LR on a previous edit and extract the metadata from my editing. The last part i cannot decipher is related to the Tone Cruve - which i assume is the points. But i struggle to distinguish between the Total Curve, Red Channgel, Blue, Green Etc. I will list the code below for anyone that could help me it would be so appreciated. Happy Holidays and save your presets you love offline..

<crs:ToneCurve> <rdf:Seq> <rdf:li>0, 0</rdf:li> <rdf:li>32, 22</rdf:li> <rdf:li>64, 56</rdf:li> <rdf:li>128, 128</rdf:li> <rdf:li>192, 196</rdf:li> <rdf:li>255, 255</rdf:li> </rdf:Seq> </crs:ToneCurve> <crs:ToneCurveRed> <rdf:Seq> <rdf:li>0, 0</rdf:li> <rdf:li>255, 255</rdf:li> </rdf:Seq> </crs:ToneCurveRed> <crs:ToneCurveGreen> <rdf:Seq> <rdf:li>0, 0</rdf:li> <rdf:li>255, 255</rdf:li> </rdf:Seq> </crs:ToneCurveGreen> <crs:ToneCurveBlue> <rdf:Seq> <rdf:li>0, 0</rdf:li> <rdf:li>255, 255</rdf:li> </rdf:Seq> </crs:ToneCurveBlue> <crs:ToneCurveName2012>Custom</crs:ToneCurveName2012> <crs:ToneCurvePV2012> <rdf:Seq> <rdf:li>0, 13</rdf:li> <rdf:li>25, 19</rdf:li> <rdf:li>105, 109</rdf:li> <rdf:li>185, 168</rdf:li> <rdf:li>255, 220</rdf:li> </rdf:Seq> </crs:ToneCurvePV2012> <crs:ToneCurvePV2012Red> <rdf:Seq> <rdf:li>0, 1</rdf:li> <rdf:li>26, 20</rdf:li> <rdf:li>128, 126</rdf:li> <rdf:li>255, 255</rdf:li> </rdf:Seq> </crs:ToneCurvePV2012Red> <crs:ToneCurvePV2012Green> <rdf:Seq> <rdf:li>0, 0</rdf:li> <rdf:li>29, 21</rdf:li> <rdf:li>126, 125</rdf:li> <rdf:li>255, 255</rdf:li> </rdf:Seq> </crs:ToneCurvePV2012Green> <crs:ToneCurvePV2012Blue> <rdf:Seq> <rdf:li>0, 8</rdf:li> <rdf:li>29, 22</rdf:li> <rdf:li>126, 124</rdf:li> <rdf:li>255, 252</rdf:li> </rdf:Seq>

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC update should not have deleted your presets. How were these presets created? In the Presets panel click on the + down arrow and select 'Manage Presets.' Make sure all of the preset groups are checked. If not check them and then close and restart LrC.

The other possibilty is that you are using 'Store Presets with Catalog.' If so make sure Edit> Preferences 'Store presets with this catalog' is checked. If not check it and close and restart LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If storing presets with Catalog, it's worth checking whether those have been transferred into the right location for the newly converted Catalog - which was created (under new naming) on first running the new software version.

If that has not happened, this new Catalog copy would not show any presets present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened with an older update, there was no resolution after hours with support. Really just looking how to re plot the points on the tone curve via the meta data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I was able to go back into LR on a previous edit and extract the metadata from my editing."

Exactly how did you did you extract this metadata. It's all in the details. I created a Tone Curve with one point (128, 192) added to each of the four Point curves and added four settings (5, 5, -5, -5) to the Parametric Curve. Here it is, which may be helpful.

crs:ParametricShadows="-5"
crs:ParametricDarks="-5"
crs:ParametricLights="+5"
crs:ParametricHighlights="+5"
crs:ParametricShadowSplit="25"
crs:ParametricMidtoneSplit="50"
crs:ParametricHighlightSplit="75"

crs:ToneCurveName2012="Custom"

<crs:ToneCurvePV2012>
<rdf:Seq>
<rdf:li>0, 0</rdf:li>
<rdf:li>128, 192</rdf:li>
<rdf:li>255, 255</rdf:li>
</rdf:Seq>
</crs:ToneCurvePV2012>
<crs:ToneCurvePV2012Red>
</crs:ToneCurvePV2012Red>
<crs:ToneCurvePV2012Green>
</crs:ToneCurvePV2012Green>
<crs:ToneCurvePV2012Blue>
</crs:ToneCurvePV2012Blue>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines