• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac 2017 vs MAcMini M2 16gb Lr performance

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks ago i decided to upgrade to Mac Mini M2 thinking my Intel based iMac 27" is very slow with Lr. However, now that i compared both i don't really see any dramatic difference in speed, dehaze, scrolling presets etc.

Was i wrong to expect much or Lr is simply slow in certain departments no matter the machine. Really preffer iMac over anything else(speakers, 5K retina, all in one..) and now debating if it is worth keeping Mac Mini.

Other than Lr i only browse web, listen to music .. completely fine with Intel and iMac i don't really care about all Silicone hype.adfd2c8d-aae9-401d-b0ea-08439a14b5e0.JPG

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom (cloud based) or Lightroom Classic on the Mini? If Lightroom Classic and it's V 13.3.x, try rolling back to Lightroom Classic V 13.2.

Note: V 13.3.x uses a different catalog fomat so if you revert to V 13.2 or older, you will have the use the LrC catalog you were using before V 13.3.x.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR classic. I'll try reverting. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two weeks ago i decided to upgrade to Mac Mini M2 thinking my Intel based iMac 27" is very slow with Lr. However, now that i compared both i don't really see any dramatic difference in speed, dehaze, scrolling presets etc.

Was i wrong to expect much or Lr is simply slow in certain departments no matter the machine. Really preffer iMac over anything else(speakers, 5K retina, all in one..) and now debating if it is worth keeping Mac Mini.

Other than Lr i only browse web, listen to music .. completely fine with Intel and iMac i don't really care about all Silicone hype.

By @Boser37000822guqf

Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? What version NUMBER?

Please tell us what actions in Lightroom or Lightroom Classic are slow. Please be specific and detailed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines