• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images grayed out - can not import

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have seen other threads on this, but no answers. Stunning. This issue renders Lightroom completely useless.

I click a folder, see all images, then select "import".

Worked once, never again.

I am selecting a folder of images in the same subdirectory as the one I sucessfully imported, but all the images are grayed out.

Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Usually one sees this, when LR believes the images are already imported. You are certain that your Catalog does not already include them? On my PC, when I hover over one of these greyed-out images, I get a tooltip which (among other things) explains that "this photo has already been imported". Also if you change the selector at the top of the Import dialog grid from "all photos" to "new photos", if the thumbnail grid then becomes empty, that is your explanation. LR doesn't think these are new im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is useless. The ONE answer checked in this thread as correct is from 2012! (It's currently July, 2023) Let that sink in. I tried for two hours (while following Adobe's own video tutorial) to import a small set of 14 images as a test. I have thousands.  I  managaged to get ONE collection made and one set. The second time, using the exact same steps -- nothing worked. All I got was greyed out images and no way to undo it. I can find any image on my PC with the search field in the task bar. But I thought maybe I'd give LR a chance. Turns out, it's  a massive waste of time and nothing more an an Adobe organizing gimick with redundent features. Any app that requires so much effort and struggle is not worth my time. I uninstalled it entirely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines