Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Dialogue wont let me "Add" pictures in LrC

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - 

The import dialogue wont let me "add" pictures to my catalog from any external drive - it only lets me copy to my desktop. It does let me "add" pictures from my desktop. 

I have MacOS Ventura (13.0) and the latest lightroom (12.0.1) and have gone back 2 versions with lightroom in attempts to get rid of this issue. 
I have not changed harddrives, and I was having the problem before updating LrC and updating my computer. 

Any suggestions? Ive done everything I can possibly do!!!

[moved from bugs to discussions - Mod.]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of external drive is it? Lightroom can not add images from memory cards and USB sticks by design. That's to protect you from losing your original images by making a small mistake like reusing (and thus first formatting) the memory card again in your camera or losing that USB stick.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Sandisk SSD - I have edited dozens of galleries on this harddrive, which is what makes me so confused by this issue! 
Is this a setting in Lightroom or a preference I can change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the installation of new OS and new LrC requires this OS setting to be set properly:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC already has full disk and accessibility access, I actually deleted it from there and readded it last night to see if it would help, and same issue is applying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this may be a MacOS Ventura issue rather than a Lightroom issue. Lightroom gets its info about external disks from the OS, so if the OS tells Lightroom this is a removable, then Lightroom will act accordingly.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I was having the issue before updated my Mac OS system --
Margaret Dotson

www.margaretdotsonphotography.com
386-259-8688
Email
Facebook <>
Instagram <>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a screenshot of the (entire, do not cut anything off) import dialog showing this disk selected as source? A proper screenshot please, not a photo of your screen taken with an iPhone. And please embed it in your reply using this button 2543C284-8070-4996-B4B6-89A72F9999C9.jpeg, do not attach it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines