Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported Keywords displays 0 images

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried to find a solution for this scenario but no luck so that`s why I am posting here now.
Running a desktop mac with LR installed on it, now I got a new mac and the new one have now installed LR and are connected to same image folder as the old one så both of these LR share/read/use the same physical folder from the same external HDD that is in constant sync with a dropbox.

So I have a lot og keywords on the old LR and there is many images integrated within these keywords. I was able to export the keywords from the old LR with no problems at all then I also imported those keywords in new LR however when I look at the keywords on new LR there is of course 0 images so the keyword list is complete but no images there.. So the question is, is there any way to export keyords and import them so we keep not only structure of the keywords itself but also images assigned to each one of those ?

I understand this may perhaps not be possible if one have missing images or so but in my case I see exact same images on both LR since their Catalog uses the same physical folder for all of my images and then I sort them using keywords... Adding images to new imported keywords is pretty easy unless you have over 50 000 images from different locations, genre etc...

So is there any way to fix this ?

thank you
Cheers

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Catalog Import would've been my suggestion. There are options for handling metadata changes in the dialog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Yes. Export the folder as catalog and use 'Import from another catalog' in the other catalog. That will bring over the images and the keywords (and the edits).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalog Import would've been my suggestion. There are options for handling metadata changes in the dialog. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Export the folder as catalog and use 'Import from another catalog' in the other catalog. That will bring over the images and the keywords (and the edits).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thank you very much for the tip Johan! got that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, got that, so it is not possible to do it without exporting the catalog, then I assume I have to export all of the images as well as I think (means all raw/negatives) .. 

thank you for he reply Sean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines