• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from Photos on a Mac

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just switched to a MacBook Pro (MacOS Monterey) from a PC. Having difficulty understanding how to import my pictures from Albums in the Photos App into LR Classic. I've used LR Classic before but the Mac is what is really giving me the hard time. Would really appreciate some guidance or advice to where I could learn more about this. Thanks so much.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this forum link-

MAC HIDES IMAGES IN THE PHOTOS APP

"The Apple Photos App stores the images inside its library (images are 'hidden' from other apps!), so you can't directly import them to the Lightroom catalog."

And an answer from Conrad Chavez in this link-

PHOTOS APP LOCKS IMAGE FILES- Best Explanation

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! That explains a lot. I think I made a mistake moving to a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do one of the following:
Drag files or folders from the Finder to the Photos window.
Drag files or folders from the Finder to the Photos icon in the Dock.
In Photos, choose File > Import. Select the photos or folder that you want to import, then click Review for Import.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rachel25141376eupk The OP is asking to Import images to Lightroom-Classic that exist in the Photos App. Not LrC  > Photos App.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines