Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from SD card to macbook air

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I did a photoshoot in black & white this morning and now that I imported the photos to my mac, they are all showing in color. Does anybody know why this happens? I want to import the photos exactly as I took them in camera.

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Did you 'shoot' in 'raw' mode? Or JPG?

If your camera was set to 'raw' , then Lightroom-Classic imports and renders the sensor data which always contains all three RGB color channels. The Previews in LrC will be Color. (May be exceptions if LrC shows 'Embedded' previews temporarily- But they WILL change to color when standard previews render.)

If you shoot in JPG mode, then the CAMERA renders the raw data and applies the B&W edit to the files.

It is a GOOD THING that LrC uses all three color c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you 'shoot' in 'raw' mode? Or JPG?

If your camera was set to 'raw' , then Lightroom-Classic imports and renders the sensor data which always contains all three RGB color channels. The Previews in LrC will be Color. (May be exceptions if LrC shows 'Embedded' previews temporarily- But they WILL change to color when standard previews render.)

If you shoot in JPG mode, then the CAMERA renders the raw data and applies the B&W edit to the files.

It is a GOOD THING that LrC uses all three color channels in a raw file- as YOU now have full control over the 'Tonal Values' of each color channel independently when you convert to B&W in the Develop module.  This is not possible if you accept a B&W JPG files from the camera.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can get a quick B&W preview if you-

1) Select all Preview thumbnails in Grid view

2) Press the keyboard [V] key!-   How easy is that!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers Rob!

Extremely clear explanation on what happened.

Thank you so much!

-G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines