Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing NEF Nikon Z fc

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Trying to import my NEF files into the latest version of LR classic but... No preview, no nothing...

Do I just have to wait until Adobe adds support for this cam?

greetings

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

As of this morning, New v10.4, added a few cameras, including Nikon Z fc

So, have you updated yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest version of LR classic 

That statement is often taken with consternation by fellow members. Please do not use it.

Why?

It is often wrong.

So, what exact version of LrC? Current is v10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, Nikon Z fc, as in release date July 2021.

vs

LrC v10.3, released 7 June 2021

So my tirade on "latest version" is so much tripe. My bad.

Does not matter if you have 6.14 or v10.3. Does not matter if you are talking Lr or LrC. That camera is not supported yet, as one would assume (camera newer than LrC versions)

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Not Adobe, no clue when, Adobe does not share that info in advance. Would probably be on next release. When is that? Not a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Zfc not supported by any Adobe software (as of today). Most likely (but no guarantees) the next release of Lightroom Classic will support it.

You could download Nikon software that comes with the camera to convert the raw to TIF and then import into LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on adobe, I need this update... you knew this camera was coming out for at least 2 months... ZFc please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe in this forum, we are other Lightroom Classic users, and we can't do anything to change what cameras are supported. You need to tell Adobe, and this is not the right forum.

Speaking as someone who has used Adobe products way back since 2003, this is the way it always is, new cameras take some time to be supported AFTER they are released. Largely, the  reason for this is that Adobe wants to be sure they are rendering the RAW image properly, and they MUST wait for production versions of the camera to be released, before they can begin doing anything. The worst thing Adobe can do is to hurriedly release support for the camera and then have a problem and have users scream bloody murder. So, come on @Eye in the sky , show some patience, and everything will be fine. (And by the way, I agree with this policy from Adobe, so come on adobe, please follow your usual pattern of performing due dilligence on rendering raw photos from this and all cameras.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep but I pay good money every monthfor the last 10 years now...so I am a custumer ...so I am alowed to ask and I did say please 😉 ...it is so funny that regular people defend a multinational company...j'en reviens pas ..je m'adresse a Adobe...pas au Individus.. Je suis pas niaiseux et je comprends que sa prends du temps... sauf qu'a chaque fois que je m'achète une nouvelle caméra...c'est toujours la même histoire...et une multinational qui fait des billions...devrait être a l'avant de l'autobus et non entrein de l'attendre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can say please all you want. But when you purchase a newly released camera as you did you will have to wait just like everyone else does until Adobe has time to release an update that supports the camera. It's the reality that everyone has to face. Go ahead and blame Adobe all you want, but it isn't going to change anything. No, Adobe isn't picking on you just like it didn't pick on Sony or Canon or Fuji users the last time they purchased a newly released camera. You can use the Nikon software to create TIF images until Adobe has time to release an update. Or take some JPEG images. The JPEG images really won't break your camera, really they won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if somone says "please" they should stop what they are doing, abandon their regular practices, and then take care of the person who says "please"?

So I say to Adobe, PLEASE perform the due diligence and don't support cameras until your are sure you have done the job properly. Hmmm. Adobe would then have to choose between you or me ... because they can't do both ... then what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comming from somoene who eats grasshopers Paige Miller  and gives 3 stars because she doesn't like the seasonning....common Woman,chose your battles... you don't impressme Much! I didn't see one once of inteligence in your answer! and woman you put way to much vibrance and saturation on all the building photo's I've seen from you and you call yourself an expert ...hmmm! r 😉 So wan't to be sarcastic behind your keyboard and think no-one can find you. I did! Rochester Buffalo New-York..accountant's are usually nice peaple ...what hapened with you..to much free time on your hands. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum  is for discussing Lightroom Classic issues and solving problems. It is not for carrying out personal vendettas and venting your frustrations. If you don't appreciate someone's response, it really is better to just ignore rather than try to engage in pointless irrelevant trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She was very personal with me so this is the reason of my answer..in french culture if somoene is sarcastic with another it's like if that person is spiting in your face . i didn't go after you yet... so why are you in my face... i just ask a question to adobe and you go on and on and on and on and on... with your sarcasm ... I didn't know that a simple polite question would bring out stupidity like this... have a great day and have fun waisting your time on bbs while you could be out photographing and creating... I'm done with this stupidity! Go out and shoot budy! That's what your best at! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs an actual publically released camera to test and create develop profiles for every newly released modle .

They do not utilize the same rendering method and profiles as the Camera Manufacturers software which is proprietary. Just be patient support will come eventually as others have indicated.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to prove that Adobe is slow with camera support is to show all the other companies that are already providing support.

A major competitor is Capture One. Oh no, the Nikon z fc is not in their supported list either. When will it be? There is a question on their forum too:

Seeing as its still on back order at nearly all stockists then C1 will unlikely be able to do any work until it reaches the hands of users, and they can get their hands on one, and then it will depend on where the development exists in the release schedule. With any new camera release you will need some patience.

Hey, that's the same answer.

How about Affinity Photo? The Nikon z fc is not on their supported list yet.

How about open source, like LibRaw? Free open source is better than a multinational company, right?

No, not on their supported list yet.

Looks like we are unable to prove that Adobe is slower than other companies, so far. (I am not going to check them all, but you can also check DxO, Luminar, and the rest.)

That is the usual situation, year after year, with new cameras. Adobe users get impatient with Adobe about a new camera not being supported yet, but they are unaware that other companies process new cameras the same way with the same delay — most do not want to risk basing support on a pre-release version and wait until they can get the same final version of the camera that is available to customers. And there are many examples of when Adobe turned out to be one of the earlier companies to release an update with that camera’s support.

All that is required is a little patience until the next update of whatever application you use, whether it is from Adobe or another company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The best way to prove that Adobe is slow with camera support is to show all the other companies that are already providing support."

Nikon Z-fc RAW is fully supported by Luniar AI....Just sayin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really do have a choice. Blame Adobe, feel discriminated against, be angry, all of which aren't going to accomplish anything. Or, do what every other purchaser of a new camera must do and give Adobe sufficient time to release updates to support the camera. This Nikon camera model isn't the only one that has received complaints. I could provide links from over the past decade from owners of Nikon, Canon, Fuji, whatever. Everyone has to wait for Adobe to go through the same process. If you don't like the process then I'm afraid that's just too bad. That's the way it is. Mommy can't fix it for you, and neither can anyone else. When an update is provided that supports the camera then the update will be provided. Until then "just saying" is pointless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oooo did I touch a nerve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim I just made my first small and completly accurate coment on this subject. I'm sorry if it does not fit into your world view, but say things like "Mommy can't fix it" is disrespectful and childish, you should be ashamed of yourself. Cool down!  I've reported you to a moderator.

Don't bother replying I've not been on this forum for 6 months and after your reply I won't be on it for another 6 months, so I won't see your reply. I've no intrest of getting into a childish spat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, my last response was uncalled for. I don't expect you to change your opinion of me. But as a longtime follower of this forum we go through this exercise of trying to explain this update process every few months. Buyers of new cameras like to blame Adobe, they are inpatient, and often don't understand the Adobe process. Sorry I upset you. When/if you have questions or problems I think you will find the forum is probably one of your best resources for solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultjh4j1weaic1q wrote:

Nikon Z-fc RAW is fully supported by Luniar AI....Just sayin.

Thank you, since I did not have time to check them all. (If what you tried to spell there is “Luminar AI.”)

But if they are the only one you were able to find, then they are, as the saying goes, “the exception that proves the rule.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.4 is available today with your Nikon z fc support.

I went back and checked the links for other raw software that I posted earlier. They still do not have support for the Nikon z fc. As usual, even with the delay…Adobe is one of the first to provide raw support for that camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to understand that, as far as Nikon is concerned, Adobe is just another company. Nikon doesn't care whether or not Lightroom or Camera Raw supports the raw files from Nikon cameras. Nikon provides their own software. Adobe promotes the DNG format, Nikon ignores it. Nikon doesn't provide sample images in advance, Adobe has to wait for production images to become available. You are not being singled out. I could provide links from years back from inpatient users just like yourself, same answers, same problems, same no solutions. No one is singling your model out as a problem. That's just the way it is. You'll have to wait for Adobe to provide an update that supports the camera. Blame Adobe all you want, but it isn't their fault. Rant and rave all you want, but it won't change the facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This being said buy a Canon user 🤯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New camera buyers get no sympathy here. Every time there is a new model that isn't supported we go through this same pointless exercise trying to educate, but it doesn't accomplish much of anything. The new purchasers are convinced that it's Adobe's fault. After all, some other company is already supporting the model, why isn't Adobe? The engineers must be sleeping. Surely, they are picking on me. I must have support NOW! This is costing me money, and I can't wait! I'm going to have to find other software. Heard it all before, and we will hear it again. Really, just wait a little while and support will be added, life will be great. Nobody is singling you out. It's just the lifecycle that has been created by camera manufacturers and their "special" raw file formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines