• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

incomplete crop lines in print module

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to print 8x10 with a 1/4 white border all around.  

My solution was to use a 1/4" white stroke border and print the crop lines.

However, only the vertical crop strokes are printing--not the horizontal.  I will have to do very careful and error-prone measuring to trim the unmarked dimension.

How do I fix the crop strokes?  Is there another solution?

Is there a way to print a line around the 8x10 cell size and still have a 1/4 white border inside the cell?

Thanks in advance,

R

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

You are probably hitting the unprintable part of the page, with your crop marks and also if you set a background colour. Perhaps consider changing print settings to a borderless mode, but if doing so, make sure to use a true-to-scale option for borderless printing, if that is available. Otherwise with a standard - not true to scale - borderless mode, everything would get silently enlarged by a few % in the printing, and so not keep to requested dimensions. 

So far as your image's aspect ratio:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you cropped the image to 8 x 10" in the develop module before going to the print module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am printing on 8.5x11 paper.  I crop the image to 8x10 in Develop.  But my goal is to print the image 7.5x9.5 with a 1/4" border inside the 8x10 size.  My solution was to use a white  1/4" stroke border  and use the "Crop Marks" to guide me to the right places to cut.  

My problem is the crop marks are not printing correctly.  I even tried using the "Page Background Color" to show where to crop and leave the 1/4 border, but even that isn't printing correctly.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or, more importantly, know of a work-around? or where to get tech help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably hitting the unprintable part of the page, with your crop marks and also if you set a background colour. Perhaps consider changing print settings to a borderless mode, but if doing so, make sure to use a true-to-scale option for borderless printing, if that is available. Otherwise with a standard - not true to scale - borderless mode, everything would get silently enlarged by a few % in the printing, and so not keep to requested dimensions. 

So far as your image's aspect ratio: you can directly set a print cell to the required dimensions. Then you can set a Zoom to Fill option for this cell, which duly auto-crops your image to the right shape on the fly as needed - so, just for the purposes of this particular output, and without altering the image's current general-purpose aspect ratio that is otherwise seen in Develop or in Library or when Exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! Thank you. Changing the print settings to "borderless" solved my issues.  

You are kind to have responded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad if it helped. Not all print drivers provide a borderless mode which keeps to scale. AFAICT where no such choice is offered, you can safely assume that auto enlargement will happen - but, will not be previewed by LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines