• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue: Live Photos + Synchronize Folder + Missing Photos. Workaround?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a folder in LR has Live Photos added from iPhone/Photos export from Mac, in actual folder on OS ( in Finder for e.g.) it contains 2 files with the same name but 2 different extensions e.g. IMG_0001.jpg and IMG_0001.mov.

When Synchronize Folder option is used on this folder, it reports the .jpgs as missing. I can choose to see those missing photos through "Show Missing Photos" in the dialog box, and they come up in a  temporary catalog "Photos Missing From Folder..XYZ".

However,

1. These photos don't have the usual missing photo icon on their thumbnails.
  2. I can find the photo through "Show In Finder" option -so the photos are NOT actually missing
  3. If I now choose Library->Find All Missing Photos, LR concludes there are No Missing Photos and my previously auto generated catalog "Photos Missing From Folder..XYZ" is  removed from the LR explorer on the left.

I am aware of the Synchronize bug but is there a workaround?

Is the only solution renaming the .jpgs?

Can someone from Adobe comment if there is a fix in works ? Live photos are fairly common now, so it would be great if LR can handle them correctly.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi there,

Sorry that you're live photos are showing up as missing in Lightroom Classic  CC when you synchronize the folder containing those images.

I'd suggest that you post this as a new discussion on our Lightroom community so that our Engineers can look into it and provide more info. Here's the link for Lightroom Classic CC feedback community: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're live photos are showing up as missing in Lightroom Classic  CC when you synchronize the folder containing those images.

I'd suggest that you post this as a new discussion on our Lightroom community so that our Engineers can look into it and provide more info. Here's the link for Lightroom Classic CC feedback community: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem.  Were you able to find a solution?  I looked at the other board they suggested, but could not find a thread.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@@Nancyn, you have resurrected an old thread which has been marked as answered.

To attract more attention to your specific issue make sure you provide info about your operating system and the version number of the Adobe application you are using. Actual numeric number and build.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines