• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with LR Classic V11.3.1 auto update with Creative Cloud

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud auto updated my LR Classic to v11.3.1 and now all of my images, catalogs, settings are gone. When I open LR it is like starting from scratch. Yesterday everything was fine, until the update. I work in Windows 10. How is the easiest way to get all of my information back? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LRC forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes after an update LrC looses track of where the previous catalog was. When this happens it brings up a new catalog. Use your Operating Systems File Browser to locate the correct catalog, and open it (double click on the catalog).

A possible root cause is your LrC preference file is corrupted.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive uninstalls, updates, and upgrades. By renaming or moving or deleting the preference file you create a situation where LrC will recreate a fresh new one upon startup of LrC. Be aware various settings will revert to defaults.

P.S.

Would recommend that you disable the auto updates. You can still get notice that an update/upgrade exists, but will need to accept the update process. This will allow you to review issues before committing to a possible buggy update.

see:

https://jkost.com/blog/2022/02/disabling-auto-update-for-adobe-applications.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, thank you, thank you GoldingD. You are my hero today! I went to the File Browser, located the correct catalog, opened it and double clicked on the catalog and everything came back. I really appreciate your help. This was my first time to use the LRC forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines