• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with iPhone 12 Pro RAW images loading into LR classic

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.  I've been messing around with RAW images on the new iphone with varying success.  The files can be airdropped from my phone to computer and stored in a folder on my desktop to be imported into LR at a later date - removing iPhoto out of the equation.  The RAW images shot on the iPhone are a DNG file format.  Most of the images I've shot have loaded into LR classic without issue.  Today, I tried to uploaded a new batch of iphone RAW images that I've shot over the past week and about half are corrupt.  Normally I run my images through Photo Mechanic first, to narrow down the import and make my color selections.  In PM,  I can see the new images that I've shot on my phone but for the first time ever, I wasn't able to color mark them which i thought was weird.  I tried to open the folder in LR afterwards and those same images that I can look at in PM (but not select) were also grayed out in LR and it said "preview not available."  When I try to import, the images in question say "files unsupported or damaged."

I have the most up to date version of LR classic and have already imported images from my phone - in the exact same way - without any issues.  Any thoughts??? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are corrupt, probably in transfer, and there's nothing Lightroom can do about that. Take it up with Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, really helpful Capt Obvious, how can I thank you for your condescension...!  I know it's Apple's issue but was surveying if it's a common  theme amongst users and if they found a work around in LR 👍🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's not (at least for me). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recently got an iphone 12 pro max. on 2 mac computers with different aged  LR(C) apps the in camera images won't download. pro raw or jpeg. all computers are updated with OS as well as allowable lightroom apps. so is the iphone12. this is so frustrating. dragging the images from the icloud photos app off the macs only allows jpeg files

what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the photos still on the phone?

If so, have you tried to transfer (copy) them again. Perhaps something went bonkers during upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

thanks for the response

ja, i tried a few times without success

the import dialog starts but nothing happens, on both computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, do your iphone photos get stored on your Apple Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, yes but only temporary. 'till i have downloaded from iphone to computer/s

only then do i delete files off phone and subsequently automatically from icloud photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines