Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPGs not treated as previews since last LR classic update

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using JPGs next to the RAW files as fast previews and they never appeared as separate files. Since the new LR update when I import photos I get JPGs and RAW files next to each other.

Setting in preferences is unticked: "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos"

Tried even turning it on and off again. Didn't help. Still appear as separate files.

Is this a new behaviour or a bug?

OSX 12.5

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why if this option was turned off at time of import you would still see the two files, unless somehow file naming had come to differ between the pair or they were being imported within separate batches.

FYI in case unaware: no immediate effect would be seen anyway, for already imported images, from turning this option on or off.

Its setting  only controls LrC's behaviour towards newly-imported image pairs. Either they come in as a raw and a JPG, or as a Raw+JPG. Then that is what they will remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am seeing this also with Windows 10. Then when Lightroom is asked to Merge Images it selects both the JPEGs and RAWs and tries to merge all six images rather than just the three I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines