• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for adding to collection?

Engaged ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a collection that I use for selects of my daughter. Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut for quickly adding these selects to this collection, rather than selecting them in Library and dragging them over as I'm doing now?

I used to have a smart collection that automatically added selects when I rated them 5 stars and used a certain keyword. But smart collections can't be synced to LR Mobile so I converted it into a normal collection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

You first need to set the intended collection as the “Target Collection”, then you can use the B key to add a picture to that collection.

To set your intended collection as the Target Collection, on the left navigation column, under Collections, right-click the name of the collection and you will see a drop-down menu. About half way down the list of options, you will see “Set as Target Collection”. Choose that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You first need to set the intended collection as the “Target Collection”, then you can use the B key to add a picture to that collection.

To set your intended collection as the Target Collection, on the left navigation column, under Collections, right-click the name of the collection and you will see a drop-down menu. About half way down the list of options, you will see “Set as Target Collection”. Choose that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea! That is going to save me a lot of time!

If I want to go back to using "b" to add to Quick Collection, how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Ctrl+ALt+Shft+B]

Or expand the Catalog panel open and Right-click on the Quick Collection to set is as the Target Collection]

(The 'Quick Collection' is the only one Collection that does not appear in the Collections panel.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you from me, also, Rafael! Just started to use collections, and this will save a lot of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stephens5620844 FYI there are also two other ways to easily add photos to a 'Target Collection'-

1) Hover the cursor over an image thumbnail and click on the 'spot' to add to target Collection. The spot shows grey when photo is in the Target Collection-

2022-11-22 13_29_33-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg    2022-11-22 13_30_59-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

2) Use the 'Painter Tool' on the Tool bar!

Click the spray can to activate it, choose "Target Collection" in the Drop-down menu, Click the mouse cursor on any image to add to target Collection. You can add multiple images by holding down the left-mouse button and 'spraying' the painter tool over many image thumbnails in Grid view with 'one' spray of the can- Just like a Graffiti artist  🙂 .

Remember to [click] to replace the Spray can back on its grey background on the Tool Bar.

2022-11-22 13_30_04-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Rob!  I appreciate the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines