• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword Maintenance

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing quite a bit of keyword rationalistion/clarification currently.

I have a lot of keywords that started as a generalised keyword and had a number of photos tagged against them. Over time I have added further keywords under the generalised keyword turning it into a topic header.

I now have a situation where there may be 200 photos under the topic header, 20 of which only have the topic header and the rest have their keywords against the topic header only.

This means when I click on the main header which shows 20 photos I get all 200 as I would expect.

I am working on a process of generating keywords under the topic header for the 20 photos - some of which may simply need to be shifted to already existing keywords, or might be keyworded as the topic header plus the topic which may already exist.

Is there any way from the Topic Header that I can easily select the 20 photos only to work on them? Currently I have to select the header, get all 200 photos then examine the 200 one at a time to identify the ones with the topic header only so I can reallocate the phototo an existing sub keyword or generate a new one.

This is quite time consuming and invariably means scrolling through the 200 (or more) photos a couple of times to finally get everything keyworded under the Topic Header. Its quite annoying and time consuming, particularly when you are only looking to locate 1 or 2 photos out of 200+.

In the simple example attached, I have 29 WATER TOWERS, but only 8 of them have their own key words, so I am trying to chase the 29 photos. Further up the tree 33 TOWERS, but with the 11 hidden under CLOCK TOWERS there or 33 photos I am trying to find out of the 117 photos collceted here under the TOWERS keyword. (Obviously I resolve the WATER TOWERS first, as I have done with the CLOCK TOWERS as this can well reduce the 33 I am looking to find.) 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Open the Search Filter for Metadata,

Set one column for [Keyword]

Click on the 'hamburger' icon (on the Keyword column header) and change the list to "Flat" (instead of Hierarchical)

Now you can click on a 'Header' keyword (eg. WATER TOWER) to show photos that explicitly have that Header Keyword.

2022-10-27 08_04_31-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg2022-10-27 08_04_44-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way from the Topic Header that I can easily select the 20 photos only to work on them?

Perhaps this isn't the most helpful answer ... but I know this has been discussed before and a search may reveal the answer. I absolutely do not remember the answer. Perhaps search for "parent keyword only" or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Search Filter for Metadata,

Set one column for [Keyword]

Click on the 'hamburger' icon (on the Keyword column header) and change the list to "Flat" (instead of Hierarchical)

Now you can click on a 'Header' keyword (eg. WATER TOWER) to show photos that explicitly have that Header Keyword.

2022-10-27 08_04_31-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg2022-10-27 08_04_44-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only appears to allow me to see a certain number of keywords.

I am getting down to near the end of the A's but can scroll no further.

Am I missing something?

[image: image.png]

--

Cheers

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only appears to allow me to see a certain number of keywords.

I am getting down to near the end of the A's but can scroll no further.

Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've got it - thanks.

Set up 2 Filters in the screen both set to Keyword.

Leave the first one Hierachical.

Select Towers.

Then the second keyword column shows all the keywords used under towers with it set to flat.

Now I can select exactly what I was wanting and get the result I was looking for.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The responses have assisted me resolving my challenges - many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines