• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Book module tutorial, LR Classic?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

The latest Julianne Kost tutorial on the subject that I saved a link to is from 2015. But that's before LR Classic ... I think.

Is there a later one? If so, can you let me have the link?

Thanks a lot,

Raphael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

I don't really think there have been any major (or even minor) changes in the way the Book Module works, so the tutorial you are a looking at probably is the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really think there have been any major (or even minor) changes in the way the Book Module works, so the tutorial you are a looking at probably is the one you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you dj_paige.

I think I saw something on the fly - but could never go back to it, about an improvement that now allows to set dimensions to book pages and images. Does that ring a bell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a few books and keep a close eye on the Book module changes, so I have a few links to share.

How to Make a Photo Book with the Adobe Lightroom Book Module | B&H Explora

a Video from Laura Shoe  on the Classic v7.5 updates

New: Freeform Page Layouts and More in Book in Lightroom Classic 7.5! - YouTube

And Abode's notice of the added changes in Classic v8.1

New features summary for the December 2018 release of Lightroom Classic CC

Sadly, and not available yet, is the option to define your own Page Dimensions. You are still limited to the Blurb options.

But the updates do allow you to Add, resize, overlay, photo cells and text cells on pages. (Hint: and then save them as Custom pages!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you WobertC.

I copied every one of the links you offered and will go through everything. I need to ace making books - pre-InDesign that is , another application I'm not good with ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj_paige  wrote

Recently, there have been. One is the ability to move cells around, which gives you much more design flexibility, even overlaying images.That came in 7.5 along with more Blurb book types, while 8.1 added a snap to grid feature which helps you align items on a page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John. Which tutorial demonstrates this new capability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen a recent one, but these features are easy enough to learn by playing. Snap to grid just happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines