• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Classic 'upgrade'

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last couple of days, 5/9/18, I upgraded to the new LR version.

It has split all EXIF data to a sidecar file, which to my knowledge I did not consent to.

Now I cannot open my files in this 'upgrade' version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Upgraded"- how?  (by download or Desktop App)

Your Operating System Version Number?

"new LR version" - Details please, Copy and paste top 10 lines from the Lightroom Menu: Help > System Info...

"split all EXIF data to a sidecar file" -  In Catalog Settings/Metadata - is there a check mark in the option?

ScreenShot178.jpg

(With the option un-checked 'off') XMP sidecar files can be deleted (in bulk in the OS) if wanted. All EXIF data remains recorded in the Lightroom Catalog (not split apart!).

Is it possible you used the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl+S] to 'Save' metadata at any time?

"cannot open my files" - why? What error message? "Open" from where & how? What Camera & Model number? Are they in the Catalog?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines