• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library links with photos broken

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LRCC 11.2 on a iMac - MacOS Monterey12.2.1. I pay by month for LRCC and PS. Yesterday when I opened LRCC libray none of the folders or photos were linked anymore with the folders or photos on my external HD (Lacie Raid 12TB) (HD where the photos always are located). When I tried to reconnect them with a right click the folder or the photos disappeared from the library. The photos and folders still are on the HDD. Restarting LRCC did not changed anything. I temporaly moved the catalog and replaced it by a backup catalog but no result.

What is the solution here?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

When I tried to reconnect them with a right click the folder or the photos disappeared from the library.

They did not disappear. Lightroom Classic now shows them in a different drive and/or different folder. Why? Because you have told Lightroom Classic to do so when you reconnected them. Do a search, using the Filter Bar in Lightroom Classic, for one of these photos. You will find them,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the external drive been offline?

Please read here: https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm#:~:text=Step%201,choose%20Find%20M....

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the external drive has not been offline. The only thing that I can think of is that I made a few days ago a backup with Intego Backup Manager Pro into an other external HDD as I use to do every week. I never had a problem doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I uninstall lightroom CC and install again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I uninstall lightroom CC and install again?

By @Dirk el bondadoso

Uninstall/re-install never solves catalog problems. Total waste of time here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to reconnect them with a right click the folder or the photos disappeared from the library.

They did not disappear. Lightroom Classic now shows them in a different drive and/or different folder. Why? Because you have told Lightroom Classic to do so when you reconnected them. Do a search, using the Filter Bar in Lightroom Classic, for one of these photos. You will find them,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem. Library images are placed and seconds later the link is no longer available. Relinking does nothing. I am forced to rasterize - which defeats the purpose of the library. So my problem is this: no placed library image keeps its link to the library. What can I do please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Importing photos? Are you talking about the Library Module? Are you talking about Smart Collections? Are you talking about something else? Please explain in more detail. Show us screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please open a new thread instead of re-using this thread, which has been marked as solved more than a year ago.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines