• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Thumb/Previews: Mirrored Display Image Quality Issues?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any other photographers out there who use a mirrored display for real-time sharing with clients? I have a Macbook Pro M1 Max connected to an 85"8K Samsung (Q900TS) and the image on screen looks pretty good in all but the library mode which is part of my selection workflow. The images there look almost  posterized? Frustrating to have such high-quality display devices and not be seeing it in Lightroom.

Not sure if these are going to show it, but it's worth a shot:

IMG_7486.jpgIMG_7487.jpg

Authentically,

—m
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to generate 1:1 Previews for these photos. You may also need to sett the pixel size of the previews to be large enough to look good on a large monitor — I assume this will require trial and error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm maxed-out *shrug*

Screenshot 2022-11-29 at 2.30.50 PM.png

Authentically,

—m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My explanation was poor, I left out important detail. After you perform any editing, you need to re-generate the 1:1 previews. Library->Previews->Build 1:1 Previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines