• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 11 doesn't allow to edit Metadata

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing LRC 11, I can't edit any Metadata? And YES, I read the documentation and followed the instructions - but I can't edit any of the EXIF Metadata like it was possible in previous versions???

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

You're looking oin the wrong place. If you want to change the capture date/time, then use the menu option 'Edit Capture Time', which can be found under the Library Metadata menu. Below screenshot shows where you change the date and time, not the Edit Metadata panel.

edit-capture-time-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change the Capture Date which doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which metadata in particular do you try to edit? EXIF metadata are camera metadata and most of them cannot be edited in Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change the capture date as described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/metadata-basics-actions.html

When I click on the left button on the top of the Metadata panel to enter Edit-Only mode, the capture date isn't shown anymore?

In previous versions I could easily change or shift capture dates - very useful when you forgot to change the date to daylight saving time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking oin the wrong place. If you want to change the capture date/time, then use the menu option 'Edit Capture Time', which can be found under the Library Metadata menu. Below screenshot shows where you change the date and time, not the Edit Metadata panel.

edit-capture-time-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeeees - that worked - thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The funny thing is that changing the capture date was always done this way, but for some strange reason lots of people suddenly 'remember' things that the old version supposedly did (but in reality never did) after each upgrade...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines