• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom  12.1 freezes when trying “import from catalog”

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import RAW files without issue. I have always made catalogs from photoshoots saved from my laptop and then imported as catalog to my master catalog on dekstop to preserver edits, ratings and metadata . I have been doing this recently with Lightroom 11.5 without issues. Today I tried with 11.5 and the import progress bar freezes. I have to force quit (cancelling task does nothing.) Then Lightroom will not reopen, I  have to restart.

This happens exactly the same when I upgraded to Lightoom 12.1 on both machines.

I tried importing the catalog from external drive and copied to my desktop with the same issue.

The desktop is Mac Mini M1, Monterey 12.3

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the LrC preference file as described in Method 1 in this linked Adobe document https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up that when using Import from Catalog, the dialog will block access to doing anything in Lightroom when it's running. It's using the old Lightroom 2 import method and really needs updating. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sean stated " Just a heads up that when using Import from Catalog, the dialog will block access to doing anything in Lightroom when it's running. It's using the old Lightroom 2 import method and really needs updating. "

That sounds logical, copying data from one data based file to another data based file does not need any interferences.

When working in LrC it's writing continuously to the Catalog file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will give that a try. Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines